Monday, March 3, 2014

Special: Angel Olsen

I'd like to take a break from posting generational content before I get to the 1990s and shoegaze.

Angel Olsen, rightfully named, has an angelic voice unlike anything I have heard come out of the underground music scene. The first time I heard her sing, I was instantly reminded of the Once Upon A Dream song in Disney's Sleeping Beauty.

Olsen's voice is equal parts enchanting and classical. Watching her in videos, it is hard to believe such a young person with a small physical frame can sing so powerfully and is able to captivate audiences who frequent punk shows.

Her talent is unparalleled as far as any acts currently in the underground scene. If her celestial vocal cords don't move you to some emotion or give you chills, I suggest you seek medical attention or stop polluting your musical palette with radio hits.


No comments:

Post a Comment